SiteSync exception in 7.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:53

SiteSync exception in 7.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

When I try to access the Staging & Syncing page (Administration > Staging & Syncing) in a recently upgraded Sitefinity 7.0 (from 6.3), I get the following exception that the type SynchronizationControlPanel cannot be resolved.

I can access Staging & Syncing in the Basic Settings, but not under Administration.

This is a new environment that I hadn't used SiteSync on before. So it may not have worked in 6.3.

System.ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.SiteSync.Web.UI.SynchronizationControlPanel" cannot be resolved.
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.PageResolverBase.BuildControls(PageData pageData, List`1 controlConatiners, CursorCollection placeHolders, DirectiveCollection directives)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.RenderPage(StringBuilder output, PageData pageData, RequestContext context, String virtualPath)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityPageResolver.Open(PathDefinition definition, String virtualPath)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.VirtualPathManager.OpenFile(String virtualPath)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
   at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.BuildHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext)
   at System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

I had a nice followup typed up, but the site was unresponsive when I posted it. So here's quick version...

The exception says it's looking for SynchronizationControlPanel
 in Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.SiteSync.Web.UI.SynchronizationControlPanel, but Telerik.Sitefinity.Sitefinity says it's in Telerik.Sitefinity.SiteSync.Web.UI.SynchronizationControlPanel.

I deleted all the DLLs and reuploaded them from _EmptyProject\bin. So what do I need to do to get it to look in the correct namespace?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

Thought maybe it had to do with a config file still pointing to 6.3, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So still no clue...

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Eric,

I have answer you in the opened support ticket on that topic.

Once the issue is solved you can share the solution with the community.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Eric

Did you manage to get that resolved by any chance?

Regards

Adam

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Adam,

This exception is usually thrown when an upgrade procedure fails to update the SiteSync.config file.

You can try to reinstall the module - please go to Administration > Modules & Services-> SiteSync, Deactivate, than Uninstall and then Install the module again
 - or -
by updating in SystemConfig.config file the row of SiteSync module (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configurations) to:

<add name="Synchronization" />
and restart the application.

This will generate its proper config and version

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed