Sitefinity Backend Page open in new window not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:41

Sitefinity Backend Page open in new window not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

I am using sitfinity 6.3 .I have added a external page (in backend section) with property of open in new window checked.

But when i click the link of that page it always redirect to that page instead of opening a new window with that page. I know that's the bug in old version but according sitefinity support it is fixed .

Any idea how to let it work?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Kamran,

II am afraid I am not able to reproduce the issue on a test Sitefinity 6.3 project. I created a redirect page and set it to redirect to an external page and checked the Open this link in a new window checkbox. When I click the redirect page from the menu, the external page is opened in a new window. Here is a short video demonstrating the steps I took on my side.

I have also added a Content block to a page and opened the content block in edit mode and used the Hyperlink manager to add a link to an external page and checked the Open this link in a new window checkbox. When I click the link, the page opens in a new window. Please refer to the video demonstrating this.

Can you please let me know if there is something I am missing out in my steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

One difference is you are creating a front end page while i have created a backend page.

Can you try add another page on left or right of Marketing tab in Back end

Administration --> Backedn Pages --> Create a Page ......

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Kamran,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

The issue is fixed in the latest Sitefinity internal build. Here is a video for your convenience illustrating this. The fix will be also included in the upcoming release of Sitefinity 7.1 this month. What I can suggest is to upgrade your project to Sitefinity 7.1 once it is released. Please follow the upgrade instructions from our documentation.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks a lot Sabrie Nedzhip for confirmation of bug in the Sitefinity version 6.3. My gut feeling was also that it could have been fixed in front-end page but not back-end.

So it's mean's there is no way it will be fixed [or some workaround] in sitefinity 6.3

Hello Kamran,

Unfortunately, there is not a workaround we can suggest for Sitefinity 6.3. The only way to get this issue fixed is to consider an upgrade to Sitefinity 7.1 after it is released.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

I understand it Sabrie Nedzhip,

Thanks a lot for your's time.

This thread is closed