Display shared content by tag

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:59

Display shared content by tag

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jul-2014 00:00

I've created several tags and used them to tag several news and document items.  On the page where I use the Tags widget I've set the BaseURL as an existing page on the site.  On this existing page I've then dragged the news & documents widgets onto the page, without changing any of the settings. If I then go to the page that lists all the tags and click on one, I'm then redirected to the BaseURL page where it will only display news and documents that I have tagged with the tag I selected.

This is all fine.  However, the problem I have is with shared content. I can tag shared content, but I can't find a way of displaying only shared content that has been tagged with a specific tag in the way I can with news and documents. Simply dragging an empty content block on the page doesn't work.

Is this at all possible and if so, how can I do it?

Cheers.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Neil,

Currently, this is not supported, since the ContentBlock widget will not resolve by the Url evaluation and will not bind to items containing a specific classification. As a workaround, I could suggest creating a custom widget which will evaluate the Url, extract the passed classification and query the content blocks using the API, as described in our documentation.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed