Permission / Workflow depending on section of site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:52

Permission / Workflow depending on section of site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2014 00:00

Is there a way to give a user different level of permissions depending on where they are on the website?

Situation:

• I have a user that must be able to publish content on her section of the website without being approved.
  • However, her changes to other sections of the website must be approved.

To clarify further:
the user has a set of pages outside of our home/website. The user should be able to manage/publish those pages without an administrator having to approve her changes. But, should she make a change to Home or pages within Home, those have to be approved by an administrator. Please see attachment.

Is this possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Gregory,

With current implementation of Sitefinity build in workflow your scenario cannot be achieved. There is a Feature request  logged in our Feedback portal. Please check the following link for more information:

Workflow for specific pages

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2014 00:00

Thanks Kaloyan!

Just to clarify---You mean that Sitefinity does not come with the ability to address my need using its current UI and back-end functions. Right?

Not that it cannot be done at all, with a custom workflow like:
www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-workflow-defining-the-scope-of-the-workflow-by-page-groups

Right?

Radoslav Georgiev pointed me to this blog post. I'm going to try it and report back.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Gregory,

You have understood me correctly. Build in (Standard) workflow can be applied for all pages, but not for particular one. The provided blog post is a great example how similar kind of scenario can be achieved. 

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed