The controller cannot be resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:58

The controller cannot be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

I've got a Sitefinity 6.0.4210 based site from my customer and he wants to upgrade it to version 7. I've downloaded from his account Project Manager and license file and upgrade went well. On first run after the uprgade Sitefinity asked me about license file and then I was able to login into the administration view. However when I try to run the main site I'm getting an exception:

ArgumentException: The controller with the name 'SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Controllers.SomeController' cannot be resolved.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.SitefinityControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) +455
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcProxyBase.get_Controller() +162
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcProxyBase.get_Settings() +499

This is happening in every case - even if I tried different Sitefinity versions than just 7. Here are  the logs after upgrade to version 6.1.4300.

Can you please advise what to do?

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 7/16/2014 8:29:30 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 2dd04bea-f233-4f8f-a379-c5b75990bfee
An exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' occurred and was caught.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07/16/2014 22:29:29
Type : System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Source : mscorlib
Help link :
Types : System.RuntimeType[]
LoaderExceptions : System.Exception[]
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.RuntimeType[] GetTypes(System.Reflection.RuntimeModule)
HResult : -2146232830
Stack Trace :    at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Store.ControllerScanner.GetControllers()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Store.ControllerScanner.ScanControllers()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.MvcCore.EnableMvcSupport()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize()

Additional Info:

MachineName : WIN-0M0ICA76E04
TimeStamp : 7/16/2014 8:29:30 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=6.1.4300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-3-130500160750076200
ThreadIdentity :
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool
Requested URL : http://127.0.0.1/

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 9010

Severity: Warning

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: WIN-0M0ICA76E04

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-3-130500160750076200

ProcessId: 3720

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:2876

Extended Properties:

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Tomasz,

The error states that there is a problem resolving an MVC controller on your home page. It states it is the SomeController one in the log, but in order for you to be sure, please edit the home page with the page editor. You will see the widget giving the same exception. Removing it will prevent the behavior.

In order to fix the controller I believe it best you register it again by trying both the standard approach and the MVC approach.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2014 00:00

i am having the same issue "The controller with the name 'CustomShopfront' cannot be resolved."

i have also edit the home page but there is no exception.it is working fine as it should be.

what should i do ?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi all,

@Chetanya,

The suggestion I provided should be relevant to your case as well. Can you confirm that you have added the following attribute at the top of your controller:

[ControllerToolboxItem(Name = "CustomShopfront", Title = "CustomShopfront", SectionName = "MVC")]

The fact that your page is working fine while in edit mode is strange. Perhaps there is something in your controller's logic that is responsible for the behavior on the front-end. If this is the case I can suggest you submit a support ticket so that me or one of my teammates can have a look at the implementation you are using.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2014 00:00

Thanks for your reply.

problem is fixed now by registering again using standard approach.

This thread is closed