Can't Install 7.1 Under Windows 8

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:33

Can't Install 7.1 Under Windows 8

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2014 00:00

I'm running Windows 8 (8.1 actually) on my development machine and when I try to install the newly release Sitefinity 7.1, the core sitefinity install is not checked off.  I can't check it and the little help icon states that Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc is required.

I had no problem installing 7.0 and confirmed that the 7.0 install still works fine.

How can I install 7.1?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

I would like to inform you that our web installer supports the following versions:

Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2003, Windows 2008

When you try to make the installation using the web installer and the OS is not compatible the checkbox for selecting Sitefinity is disabled.

In this case you need to use the Project Manager in order to install Sitefinity 7.1. You could download it by following the steps below:

1. Go to your account in Sitefinity.
2. Select Products & Subscriptions and click Sitefinity.
3. Download installer and other resources.

4. Browse all product files

There will be support for versions: Windows 8.1, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 soon.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for clarifying, I thought that might be the case but wanted to check since the 7.0 installer worked fine on 8.0 (at least from my experience).  Hopefully it will come to 8.1 soon, I think this might be the first installer I've run across that worked on 8.0 and not on 8.1.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

I would like to inform you that we have created a KB article regarding the problem.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sweet, thanks for that!

This thread is closed