How to use SiteSync in Windows Azure with different Azure St

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:02

How to use SiteSync in Windows Azure with different Azure Storage on Test & Production?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi

I am developing a website for Windows Azure and we have separate Storage (Azure) locations on Test site & Production Site for Blob Objects (such as images & other files). We have also added custom Module with Images that stores image title, description, display order etc. 

Now when we edit any Description for any image on Test site or add new image on test site and try to use SiteSync to upload changes on Production Server. Then it fails.

However, I have checked If we use same Azure-Storage for Blobs on Test & Production then it works.

Any ideas how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Amit,

Could you please check and ensure if the Publishing (Feeds and Notifications) module is enabled as there is bug related to similar issue logged on the feedback portal.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi SVETOSLAV,

I have publishing enabled, I can publish the content & pages, also "Feeds and Notifications" module is active, but I guess this has no relation with my issue.

In my case I can use SiteSync & it sync the content & changes successfully. But Problem occurs when I use SiteSync to sync the documents & images as they are assigned to different Azure Storages on Test site & Production site.

Thanks

Hello Amit,

External blob storage providers blob data is not synced by default (intended to be shared) – only the metadata. This can be overridden by setting to true the siteSyncBlobTransferEnabled parameter on blob storage provider or blob storage provider type level in the configuration.

Please navigate to:
Administration -> Settings -> Advanced settings -> Libraries -> Blob storage -> Blob storage providers -> <your Azure provider> -> parameters,
then add siteSyncBlobTransferEnabled as new parameter and set its value to true. When this new parameter is set please restart application by re-saving web.config or recycle application pool.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi, 

Plz. check the images attached for Azure Storages settings. 

I have tried the steps you mentioned. But I get the following error:  

Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image: slider_img5 - failed

Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.MissingProviderConfigurationException: There is no configuration for data provider with the name of "cmsmain" for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.BlobStorage.BlobStorageManager" manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such configuration exists.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Amit,

Please check and ensure the correct name of the provider. Please also check if the provider is correctly registered.

Furthermore, please try to register the both providers with one and the same name, as the sync process needs to have identical configurations. In case of different providers - they could not be synced.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed