Sitefinity Upgrade process changed?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:43

Sitefinity Upgrade process changed?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,

I just went to upgrade a sitefinity project from 6.3 to 7.1 and noticed that the upgrade documentation no longer shows the different step-by-step upgrades from one version to another that we usually had to go through. Eg: 5.4 > 6.1 > 6.3 > 7.0

Does this mean that we can upgrade any version project to 7.1 directly? EG: we can directly upgrade a 5.4 project to 7.1?

Thanks,
Nidhi

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Nidhi,

Yes, the upgrade is currently performed in one-step, inspired by our active community to speed up the upgrade process and avoid any potential human errors following a long multistep procedure.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2014 00:00

At least in my case (upgrading from Sitefinity 5.4 to 7.1 with eCommerce), this one-step upgrade process does not work correctly. We get errors during the database upgrade with eCommerce-related tables. It would be helpful if the old documentation were available for archival purposes, if nothing else -- we are right in the middle of an upgrade, and the sudden loss of the step-by-step documentation has caused us a lot of problems.

Hello Joseph,

I could advise you to open a support ticket, so you can provide us your project to test the upgrade on our end in order to be more specific for the issue you are having.

Kind regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

After stepping through the process, it seems to be an issue specific to the 7.1 upgrade. I'll see if I can get our client to open a support ticket for us (the project we are working on is for a client who has a Perpetual license, but we do not have direct access to their support account).

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Joseph,

Yes, in order to solve the problem in a timely manner, we will need to determine the reason for the upgrade failing trough debugging and when resolved, you could share the solution with the community.

Have a great day,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed