Editable table

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:41

Editable table

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2014 00:00

hi all,

I want to create a editable table.

Firstly i created the Table widgets using ascx controls it worked fine but it dint allow me to edit the contents of that table.

Secondly i created a Content block where i copy pasted the HTML,Here i can edit the Contents the table where as the edited changes are reflecting in other tables which i have used in other pages.

Please suggest me which control in sitefinity satisfies both of my condition.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Sarthak,

You can use shared content blocks among pages and this way the changes made will reflect all pages where the shared content is used. You can find more information in our documentation here.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2014 00:00

Dear Nikola

I am under the impression that Sarthak might not want to have one table content shared but maybe the layout of a table to be shared.

Dear Sarthak you could use probably uses Nikolas approach to create an empty table in a shared content block with css classes defined to the table, tr, td and so on.

Set the css to fit your needs.

A user would then take this shared content block to a page and unshare it getting the basic structure of the table. 

Of course if you wanted to add colums to all later it would not be possible since the original tables are not connected anymore.

I guess you could also use a lot of the RadEditor nativa stuff like

demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx

demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx

Custom Dropdown could insert HTML Table

Just some ideas. Which might not work for you, sorry :-/

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

Very good suggestions. We will probably need more information what exactly Sarthak wants to achieve in order to give him more accurate options and think of different approaches. Of course, the RadEditor and consequently the ContentBlock could be extended in different ways and a custom control could be an option, as well.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed