Load balancing between two nodes

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:27

Load balancing between two nodes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2014 00:00

www.sitefinity.com/.../ensuring-content-consistence-on-all-nodes

I have noticed that we are getting the 404 error. I can ping between the two machines and everything is fine. What firewall rules should I look at?

I am a new user for Sitefinity. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2014 00:00

So I've gone through all the documentation and double checked that all the configs were done correctly. They are. However when I try to use the IP address instead of host name, I do generate a 404 error and it is logged. But when using the hostname there are no errors generated when doing a sync to our load balanced environment. 

We are setup as an HA environment using a shared storage. When we sync to production the first server does get synced but the second server does not see the update content at all.

Any thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Mac,

Are you sure you are using one database for your NLB environment? Note that SiteSync does not sync configs, so if you have made config changes (e.g. added custom field or else), you have to manually sync your config files across all nodes in your webfarm.

I could advise you to double check your load balancing setup as described in our online article: Sitefinity load balancing

Last, could you also test if this occurs on all browsers or particular ones?

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed