UI changes across the whole back end (make designers wider!)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:55

UI changes across the whole back end (make designers wider!)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2014 00:00

I don't why but in the back end so many dialogs are still in size (see screenshot) that lets you think most people use a Nokia Communicator to change stuff.

Since I don't think the UI team is going to change this anytime soon is there a easy way to make them wider. Enter javascript results in copy to window editor -> change -> copy it back.

That can't really be practical

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

You can make the dialog resizable using the rad window functionality. On your page you can execute the following script, for instance:

$(document).ready(function()
  if(location.href.indexOf('/Edit') > 0)
    $(document).on("click", ".rdEditCommand", function()
var manager= GetRadWindowManager();
var wnd= manager.GetActiveWindow();
wnd.set_behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Resize + Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close);
    );

)
This will make the window resizable. You can also use setSize function to set a specific size.

Regarding the textarea in the javascript control, you can try make it resizable using css:
element
    resize:both;
    overflow:auto;

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2015 00:00

Does this work for a designer for my custom widget? I'd like the designer to be either wider or to be enabled to have the user make wider (in SF3.7 there was a full screen button in the top corner. This is replaced with just the X in SF6.3)

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

You can control the widget designer size from the dialogBase rad editor control, which is actually the dialog opened. You can set the size of the designer on the refreshUI function, which is called when the dialog is opened:

dialogBase.setWndWidth("600px");
dialogBase.get_radWindow().center();

or you can extract this in a function to be called when some changes are made to the content of the designer and update it:

_resizeControlDesigner: function ()        
        setTimeout(function ()
            var u = $(dialogBase.get_designer().get_element());
            if (u)
                var c = u.find("#designerLayoutRoot");
                if (c)
                    var w = c[0].scrollWidth;
                    if (w > 0)
                        w = w + 100 + "px";
                        dialogBase.setWndWidth(w);
                        dialogBase.get_radWindow().center();

, 100);

You can use the above function instead of the resizeToContent. Please, review this video (http://screencast.com/t/nYyqVYYyh77I) showing the functionality of the sample. The designer will get scrollbars when the content is wider than it is, we will get the width from the scrollbar and will add the left and right margins, then set the new width to the designer.

The following forum thread might also be useful:

www.sitefinity.com/.../custom-widget-and-resizetocontent

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed