Form Captcha control not localizable

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:51

Form Captcha control not localizable

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2014 00:00

@Telerik

Any news on this. How many votes to make it happen :-)

Unless I am mistaken the captcha for forms is not localizable :-/

Some have more then one language and its kind of unprofessional to have English text on German page. 

feedback.telerik.com/.../125592-form-captcha-control-localizable

Markus

I thought I had a post but did not find it (maybe it was a support ticket)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Markus,

Currently, the form captcha control is not localizable. In order to localize the fields you need to implement a custom solution by extending the default form captcha control and plugin your custom logic there.

You may take a look at the following articles for more details:

1. https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/captcha/examples/localization/defaultcs.aspx
2. http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/captcha-localization.html

Here is also a sample code as we have suggested in the support ticket you have opened illustrating how you can add your custom logic in the custom form captcha control and change the field values:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.Fields;

namespace SitefinityWebApp
    public class CustomFormsCaptcha : FormCaptcha

protected override void InitializeControls(Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer container)

this.Captcha.CaptchaLinkButtonText = "This is the custom link";
            this.Captcha.CaptchaTextBoxLabel = "This is custom label";

base.InitializeControls(container);

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Dear Sabri

a) I now know why I saw a usercontrol captcha some time back in one of my projects. I guess I have come across that problem before

b) Do you know if the Captcha Team has an outstanding feature request for localization in a bit simpler way. 

To have to do this for every single project is kind of a hassle. Even more confusing is that you can change the text, or some text in the advanced tab of the control within SF.

Markus

This thread is closed