Sitefinity Sync issue: destination doesn't contain a sit

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:24

Sitefinity Sync issue: destination doesn't contain a site with name 'SFDev'

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

I am facing this issue with sitefinity sync module. 

Error: You cannot sync the data, because the destination doesn't contain a site with name 'SFDev'

I have explained the issue on Stackoverflow. Any suggestions here? 

stackoverflow.com/.../sitefinity-staging-synchronization-destination-doesnt-contain-a-site-with-n

I have moved SFDev and SFStaging to IIS and have set SiteKey 1 on SFDev and 2 on SFStaging. 

Any suggestion here please? I am not sure if it is environment issue or something else.

Cheers.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi,

The issue you are experiencing is most likely caused by the fact that you're synchronizing different websites. And here's the elaboration: when we first released SiteSync, Sitefinity was "single instance" only, i.e. all providers are named the same, so there's no variety of which DB tables data would be taken from and which destination tables it would be put into. With releaseing Sitefinity Multi-Site, now each website contains its uniquely named providers, which affect the entries in the database of Sitefinity.

In short, Sitefinity is supposed to serve in two situations: migrating data from a single instance to multi-instance website and synchronizing data between staging and production environments.  The links provided here are covering these two scenarios and contain information about prerequisites and restrictions.

If you want to test the SiteSynch tool in dev->production scenario, the easiest thing is to follow the typical script where the dev is a copy of your production environment, where you author content, preview it and whenever it's ready - you push it to live.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed