Sitefinity 5.1 Page Loading Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:09

Sitefinity 5.1 Page Loading Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

We built our site on Sitefinity CMS 5.1. We experience loading speed issue of our thousands of pages. I posted one of it as below:

www.new-line.com/.../blue-polyairwater-300-multi-purpose-hose

This page takes approximately 8 seconds to get fully loaded. Firebugs told that loading HTML source takes the first 5.57 seconds out of the 8s, which apparently a bit long. As you notice that  there're couples of content widgets with dynamic data (including introductions, images, item lists, etc.) on the page, I took off all of these widgets, the loading speed is still almost 3 seconds to load the HTML part of the page. 

Since I have read many threads on this forum, I tried solutions people suggested:

1. Rebuilt sitefinity database indexes (www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-database-maintenance)

2. Installed Sitefinity Primer

3. removed unused modules

4. recycled app_pool and found that thre's NO limitations on the application pool

I appreciate these methods people contributed, However, they don't make significant improvement so far.

If we treat the 3s as the base-line (only contains header and footer), and 8s as the consolidated- line(contains widgets contents), can anybody give some further suggestions on cutting these two lines? 

Data in widgets contents are grabbed from a separate DB. The time for querying these data tracked by "SQL Profiler" is less than 1000ms. That's to say that loading widgets without data purely takes about 4 seconds to complete. ( consolidated-line 8s minus base-line 3s minus data query 1s gives 4s.) I might think this 4 seconds might be a point we can get breakthrough.

Thank you.

Hi Kevin,

If you analyze your page with Google Pagespeed it will show you a couple of issues you can work on. These are minor issues as far as I can see (optimize images, minify css, etc.), but every bit helps. Apart from that you can upgrade to 7.1 which I believe contains several performance improvements. Also this version allows you to load images through a CDN. I've not tried that myself yet but I will be soon. Please check if you're using output caching (and client caching) in the best way.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply, Arno. I really appreciate it!!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2014 00:00

UP ~ UP ~

This thread is closed