Displaying categories for published items only.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:38

Displaying categories for published items only.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Everyone.

Okay, how do I get the categories widget to display categories for visible, published items only?

Here's my situation: I have an events widget and a categories widget sitting on a page.

On the categories widget, I have the ContentType field set to Telerik.Sitefinity.Events.Model.Event, Telerik.Sitefinity.ContentModules.

So, I'm getting what I want: the categories assigned to events.

The problem is that the categories widget is displaying categories for events currently in draft status, not published yet.

So, one could click on a category and not have any events displayed.

Is there a way to get the categories widget to only display categories for events that are visibly published?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am afraid I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I have tested the behavior on a Sitefinity 7.1 project and configured the widget to display the categories for the Events content type. The widget displays correctly only the categories for the published event items.

I have also recorded a short video for your convenience demonstrating the behavior on my side. It would be great help if you can record a video demonstrating how the issue is reproduced on your side and the steps you have taken.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed