Related Hierarchical Content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:09

Related Hierarchical Content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello I'm just wondering when we're going to see the ability to related a dynamic item to itself in a hierarchical way. This forum: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/upcoming-features/preview-ability-to-relate-content-to-other-content-items mentions that it is going to be added in 7.1 and it's still not available in 7.2. I know it's not a trivial thing but would make the module builder so much more useful. Is there any update on when this might see the light of day?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Kalvin,

Since Sitefinity 7.0 it is possible to relate dynamic modules to a dynamic module of the same type. For example, if you have a dynamic module titled Articles, you can add a Related Data custom field to the Articles module and then select the custom related field to be of type Articles. This way when you create an Article, you will be able to select related articles to this article and display the related articles on the frontend.

I have recorded a short video for your convenience demonstrating the above steps which I think you will find useful.

You may also take a look at the following article for more details about content relations in Sitefinity.

If this is not the behavior you would like to achieve, can you please provide some more details about the exact use case scenario in order to be able to further help you?

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2014 00:00

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the key is having it hierarchical in nature. The video you made shows how to relate the same item to itself but there's no parent/child relationship. Like I mentioned below, the earlier thread said that this was something that was coming in 7.0 but it still hasn't shown up. Can you give me an update and an eta on when we will be able to do true parent child relationships?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Currently this functionality is not available. I have logged it as a feature request and hopefully we will be able to include this in the future Sitefinity releases. Here is a link to the feedback portal where you can vote to increase the popularity of the request.

I have also subscribed you to receive notifications for the feature request including new comments, votes, status changes. If you would like to unsubscribe, you can unfollow the item by removing "Following this item”.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2014 00:00

While I appreciate you logging this, it was already noted that it was going to be added back in Sitefinity 7.1. My question was when is it going to be finished. Can you please update me on that. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Kalvin,

Unfortunately, I am not able to give an exact time frame when the feature will be included in Sitefinity but hopefully we will be able to implement this functionality in the near future. You can track the progress of the feature request in our feedback portal from the following link.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

This thread is closed