Workflow problem: pages not showing as awaiting approval

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:36

Workflow problem: pages not showing as awaiting approval

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2014 00:00

I'm trying to set up workflow on my Sitefinity 7.0.5100.0 Standard Edition site.  I created a workflow and set up a user (ZachApprover) as the approver.  That user is also an administrator.  When I go in as another user (ZachAuthor) and edit a page, I click "Send for Approval" as I should.  This locks the page.

Now, when I log in as ZachApprover, the edited page does not appear as "Awaiting Approval", but merely locked.  

Regarding permissions, ZachApprover is Administrator, Editor, and Backenduser.  ZachAuthor is author and backenduser.

Am I missing something?  How might I troubleshoot and resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Zach,

This issue requires a more detailed look at your settings, because it looks like the edit view is closed, without sending the item for approval similarly if you press "back" button of the browser.

Can you test if this happens using different browser?

Kind regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Vassil,

I've tried it in IE 11, Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m, and Firefox 32.0.3.  I see this same issue in all cases.

Hello Zach,

Can you temporary stop the site, browse to ~/App_data/Sitefinity/Logs and move its content to a temp folder. Then start the site and reproduce the issue. Sitefinity should generate new error log, which you could share with us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

I logged in as zachtest, then edited a page and clicked "submit for approval." the following error was generated in error.log:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 10/1/2014 2:32:29 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 8a9f17bb-d202-4926-85e7-6c47aeae5ea3
An exception of type 'System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException' occurred and was caught.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10/01/2014 10:32:29
Type : System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Source : mscorlib
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ThrowCryptographicException(Int32)
HResult : -2146893819
Stack Trace :    at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._DecryptData(SafeKeyHandle hKey, Byte[] data, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode PaddingMode, Boolean fDone)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock()
   at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at System.IO.Stream.Close()
   at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.DecryptData(Byte[] data)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityCookieTransform.Decode(Byte[] encoded)
   at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ApplyTransforms(Byte[] cookie, Boolean outbound)
   at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ReadToken(XmlReader reader, SecurityTokenResolver tokenResolver)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinitySessionTokenHandler.ReadToken(XmlReader reader, SecurityTokenResolver tokenResolver)
   at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.SessionSecurityTokenHandler.ReadToken(Byte[] token, SecurityTokenResolver tokenResolver)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinitySessionAuthenticationModule.ReadToken(Byte[] sessionCookie)

Additional Info:

MachineName : PROD-WEB
TimeStamp : 10/1/2014 2:32:29 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=7.0.5100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-130566475357854781
ThreadIdentity : 
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\dev_testoil
Requested URL : http://dev.testoil.com/

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 9010

Severity: Warning

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: PROD-WEB

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/10/ROOT-2-130566475357854781

ProcessId: 31696

Process Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name: 

Win32 ThreadId:85648

Extended Properties: 
----------------------------------------

Hi,

This problem is really strange and there are no other clients reporting similar behavior. Judging by the stack trace of the provided error I can suggest that this issue can be environment specific. In order to troubleshoot this issue I would like to kindly ask you to set a copy of your project locally and check whether this issue can be replicated.

In case everything is working properly on your local machine I would like to ask you to check whether your environment is configured according following documentation article. There is a PowerShell script available that you can execute to ensure that all features needed from Sitefinity are enabled.

Configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

This thread is closed