Prevent revoting in Polls Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:08

Prevent revoting in Polls Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi everyone,

I am using the poll widget of the sitefinity3.7. I simply cannot find the solution on how to disable revoting. I want to prevent revoting from one computer several times.  When I use Ipblocking the people in the organization cannot vote. It blocks  global IP. When I set Ipblocking to False then a person can vote several times from various browsers and consequently the results are not accurate. Please advice how can i prevent revoting from the same computer.  I believe it has to check computer ID, no?  Thank you.   

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Zura,

The control checks the IP address from which the user is browsing the page. If people from your organization come from one IP address it is only natural they would experience this behavior. You could try the approach provided in the following forum thread which explains how you can customize the control in order to check the users for other criteria and allow/disallow voting:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/developing-with-sitefinity/extending-pollbox-and-pollprovider 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed