Pop up window and videos

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:22

Pop up window and videos

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello all,

I would like to create a pop up window for a page on my website, if possible using the create/edit tools available and not using programming. I've searched the forums for similar situations and could only find replies and explanations using codes.

Also, I have some videos I would like to add to a page, but they seem to be too heavy to upload them - I've tried to do it the same way as pictures, for example. Is there a different process to upload bigger files or something specific to videos?

Thank you!

Maira Vannucci

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Maira,

There is a lot of code examples for pup-up window. You can get any of them you need and than:
- Add the JavaScript on JavaScript widget
- Add the Html in the content block html editor
Example video demonstration is available here.

Regarding the videos - you can try to add a Video in a Content block the image that you are using to point to different Page where a video widget is placed. If not the case, can you provide more information of the scenario you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2014 00:00

Svetoslav, thanks for your reply!

But the links you sent me were instructions as to a window that would open after being prompted by a buttom. What I was looking for is this: the user would get to the page and a window would come up with an information. He then would have the option to close it and that was it. It's just a pop up with a text in it. How would I do that?

About the videos the page would present a few links to the user and when he'd click on them, the video would come up and stream the content.

Thanks so much for your time

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2014 00:00

@Maria

I have a widget that you could do it in the UI with

http://www.sitefinitysteve.com/downloads

...or you could just use a kendoWindow and have the popup content in a contentblock or container or something....

This thread is closed