Is external endpoint on Windows Azure for Workflows required

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:19

Is external endpoint on Windows Azure for Workflows required?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2014 00:00

We are running Sitefinity on our own VMs and not Azure. I came across the setting in Admin - Settings - Advanced - Workflows and saw the option for "Use the external endpoint on Windows Azure" selected. 

Can you point me to the documentation that discusses this option?
Is it required for non-Azure hosted sites?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Aaron,

Please note that the "Use the external endpoint on Windows Azure" option under Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Workflows is checked by default. This setting is taken into consideration only if the website is deployed on Azure. By setting this option to true by default we make sure that  when the project is deployed to Azure the workflow will not fail and pages as well as content items will be properly published.

Currently, we do not have documentation article for more details related to this. I have forwarded it to our documentation team and hopefully we will include some information on this matter.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed