Will Azure Support Stop?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:23

Will Azure Support Stop?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2014 00:00

With the acquisition of Telerik by Progress, I am concerned that development and support of Windows Azure will come to an abrupt stop as all of those resources will be poured into making Sitefinity work with Progress's product offerings. Can Telerik/Progress give a firm commitment to continue supporting AND adding new features (such as officially supporting Azure Websites) for Windows Azure with the same speed and effort if not better?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2014 00:00

I have the same concerns.

I have been pushing for better Azure website support.

Though I think it is a bit early to be hearing about any road maps or directions. The warm fuzzy marketing statements of commitment and high standards will have to do for now.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi guys,

Thank you for rising your concerns. 

We'll not stop the efforts and developments for Azure. There are primarily two big reasons about it: 

1. We are committed to deliver on your needs. During just 2014, we were able to address about 25%  of the votes in our public portal, about features and improvements we were collecting for the last 3-4 years. That's literally thousands of votes. That will not change in 2015, although we'll put even more forces on quality and refinement. I know that we were not very active on the Azure front, but as a matter of fact we did plan Azure development even for Sitefinity 7.3. We'll have a release at some point in December, featuring integration with Azure Search Services (azure.microsoft.com/.../). 

2. Second reason - we at the Sitefinity team, really do like Azure :) Some of our testing infrastructure uses quite a lot of Azure services(testing web sites of course), and I see the fast development of Azure myself. That of course will not be enough to push the product into that direction, but we do have a lot of customers on Azure already, so we seem to be on the same page about Azure. My little advice to you - log the request on the public portal. Every single request reach us and counts. 

Regards,
Georgi Chokov
Sitefinity Product Manager 
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the info. It's great to hear the team will still be working on Azure (and Azure Websites).

For those who are unaware, and I could be wrong, but I believe Azure is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

#Burgundy

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi all,

I would like to inform you that we made the feature request public and it is now visible:

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/141516-support-for-azure-websites

You could vote and follow the item in the Feedback portal.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed