Rejecting an edit as Administrator when skip workflow enable

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:12

Rejecting an edit as Administrator when skip workflow enabled

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2014 00:00

We are using the single approval workflow for pages and have it set so that Administrators can skip the workflow. Our administrators are also the last level of content approval/publishing. When we open a page that is pending approval, the Reject button does not show up, just Publish. We would turn off the skip workflow option, but this leads to another issue. Once you send a page for approval, it automatically goes back to the list of pages. For an administrator/publisher this is a hassle to find the page again and then publish it.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is the expected behavior and it is the way workflow works in latest Sitefinity version and old Sitefinity versions. When administrator skips workflow, then he should not see Reject button, because workflow is not applied for him. When administrator does not skip workflow, then all rules for workflow are applied to him. When another user creates a page and press Send for approval button, then he is redirected to Pages grid. When administrator creates a page and press Send for approval button, same behavior is expected and he is redirected to Pages grid, too.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team.

Regards,
Miroslava
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2014 00:00

Thanks for the response. I understand this is the current expect behavior, but would like to express my impression of how this might be expected to work. While the Administrator can skip the workflow, if they are the approver/publisher it seems they should still have options for rejecting edits. Just because they are not in the workflow doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to fulfill their role as the approver/publisher of the workflow. That's why I was confused by the current behavior.

This thread is closed