Sitesync Roles & Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:11

Sitesync Roles & Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2014 00:00

Wanted to see if anyone has experienced, and/or has some insights to the following:

- I have created new Roles in staging
 - I created some document libraries and set their permissions to only be visible by these new roles.

I assumed that these would not sync (roles) because users do not sync, and they are not part of the "sync-able" content types in the sync screen.  So I went ahead and created the roles in production, and assigned the roles to some users.

After the sync, libraries and documents synced as expected, but the "Set Permissions" definitions of the libraries did not make it.  The libraries that are role protected in staging became only viewable by Administrators in production instance.

Since it did not work, I went ahead and set the proper permissions in production as I needed.

Is this ok ? is a better solution out there ?

Thanks for any comments :)

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi Ernesto,

The problem you have experienced is most probably caused by the fact that you created the roles on the destination server manually. In this scenario those roles might have the same title, but are generated with different IDs and so this would explain why the permissions were not mapped correctly. 

In this sense it would be better if you copy and then deploy the source database (where the roles and users etc. exist) to the destination server.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed