Three Standard Edition on one Server

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:14

Three Standard Edition on one Server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi,

Hope that I put the quetion in right Forum.

I have a question about server performance, I will install 3 Standard Editions on one server, one domain name but different folders.

Can this case leads to slow down the functionality of Sitefinity? 

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2014 00:00

It all comes down to does the server have enough ram for Sitefinity to use.  We have a rackspace vm with 3 instances and crappy Telligent community server (which btw eats more resources than all 3 Sitefinity instances)... every site runs fine.

If you don't have enough ram to run in 64 bit mode, change your app pool to run in 32 bit and it'll use literally 1/2 the ram at no noticeable perf diff.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Kawe,

Would you please provide more information about the scenario you have and want to achieve with the 3 instances on one server?

Normally 3 instances will use more resources but this could not depends on the performance directly, due to the available (free) server resources.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed