how do I create a new sitefinity theme please?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:31

how do I create a new sitefinity theme please?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi, the sitefinity url for "working with themes" is broken

...every SF webpage that mentions themes seems to just refer to this page so it has left me stuck.

What is the "best practice" way for making new themes please? As far as I can see there are two ways:

1) Load the project in Visual Studio and select Add New Item \ Sitefinity \ Sitefinity Theme

2) In SF Explorer, go to Administration \ Settings \ Advanced \ Appearance \ Front End Themes

Option 1) creates a lot of css and gif files for me. What are these please?

Option 2) asks for a Path, Namespace and AssemblyInfo. What should I enter here please?

Thanks for any help! Apols for all the questions.

Tom.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello,

Thanks for trialling Sitefinity.

There are a number of resources for your to reference if you want to use themes. Here are some:

About Themes
www.sitefinity.com/.../themes

Designer's guide to custom themes
www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-style-your-website-via-custom-themes-and-templates

CSS Guide to Sitefinity
www.sitefinity.com/.../css-classes-reference

Finally here is a step by step guide to what you are trying to achieve.
www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-the-theme

Option 1 is a template for creating a theme.

Option 2 is merely the registration of a theme. Once you have created the theme you have to register it: www.sitefinity.com/.../registering-a-theme

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2014 00:00

Thanks, is there a way to make themes created and registered via sitefinity backend appear in the visual studio project that sitefinity creates?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello,

You need to create the theme first in visual studio and then register it.

Follow the instructions below which explain how to create a theme in Visual Studio using Sitefinity Thunder and then register it:

docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-website-templates-and-themes

Regards,
Seth Cleaver
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2014 00:00

Great, thanks for clarifying.

This thread is closed