ie / iis caching stops new pages etc appearing in sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:52

ie / iis caching stops new pages etc appearing in sitefinity backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2014 00:00

--reposted with correct terms...

Hi, I'm working on Windows 7 / IE 11 / IIS 7 / Sitefinity 7.2.5320.

When I use sitefinity backend to add new pages. images, templates etc, no errors are raised but the new items do not appear in the backend.

BUT... if I then go into the sitefinity backend using Chrome they are visible.

I read this was a caching issue with earlier versions of Sitefinity, but not 7.

Do you know how to fix this please? I'd really like to work in IE.

Thanks a lot, Tom.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Tom,

I was playing with IE's settings to reproduce the problem you're experiencing.

One thing you might try is the solution described here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../after-creating-a-new-item-it-is-not-displayed-in-the-items-grid

Alternatively, could you try turning off Compatibility Mode of IE and see if you get the same issues:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

Also, possibly try turning off Protected mode to see if that affects your issue anyhow.

Please let me know if that solves the issue!

By the way, are you using IIS or the built-on server that Sitefinity's project manager starts? I would recommend going for IIS and trying if that helps. There are a lot of benefits when doing so.

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Greg, thanks for the advice. I have just had this issue when I created a new page template - it did not appear in IE until I started a new browser session.

I have (since the above) made the web.config changes suggested in the link you sent. If the problem still occurs I will investigate further and make your other changes.

Sorry I can't do more right now - I'm on a critical path :)

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2014 00:00

Hey Tom,

I totally know how that feels :-) Keep me posted on how it goes!

Regards,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed