Report generation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:15

Report generation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2014 00:00

Is there any report generation functionalities for Sitefinity Projects?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Nivy,

I believe you will need to specify the sort of report you require. In general Sitefinity generates a few reports. The first is the Error.log located in your App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder which stores data for any errors that have been thrown by the solution. Also the UpgradeTrace.log is located there which stores information on Upgrade procedures.

The second kind of report is our Analytics implementation which stores user visits per page, item, etc. For more information on this please refer to our Documentation

The third kind is the Audit Trail Module that tracks user activity in your solution. Information on it is also available in the Documentation.

Provided you have some other kind of report in mind, please share it and I will see if it is already implemented or what the best practices to do so are.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi

I want to generate the report for a course manager requirement in which the details regarding a course and the details of those attending the course are stored in the database.

Nivy

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2014 00:00

Hello Nivy,

I suspect that you have created a dynamic module and you need to export on each of your items some data?

If the above is correct, than you can achieve this by using the out-of-the-box widgets - please watch this video tutorial how you can create and list dynamic module items:

If you need to export the data (e.g. in a file), you will have to use our API Reference, as shown in the second video, for querying dynamic items.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed