Navigaion (horizontal with dropdown menus) won't allow p

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:33

Navigaion (horizontal with dropdown menus) won't allow parent items to be selected

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi, I'm using the Navigation Widget with the "Horizontal with dropdown menus" template.

It works well, but it will not allow me to select and go to pages that have any child pages.

So with the following:

Page A, with child pages A1, A2 and A3

Page B

Page C, with child pages C1 and C2.

...the navigation widget will show all 8 pages, but will only allow me to select and go to A1, A2, A3, B, C1 and C2. Pages A and C are standard pages, each with their own content.

Is there any simple fix or way around this please?

Thanks a lot - and Merry Christmas :)

Tom.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Tom,

Merry Christmas to you too!

Note that you can switch the behavior of the  Navigation widget by only modifying one of its templates (in this case the "Horizontal with dropdown menus"  template). What you need to do is to go in the backend to Design ->  Widget Templates section and to open for edit  "Horizontal with dropdown menus"  template. The only change that you should apply is to set the whetherToOpenOnClick to false.

Regards,
Tihomir
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2014 00:00

Awesome buddy, works great, THANKS!

Widget Templates are my weak point. Do you know any ways / tutorials to get good at these please?

Cheers, Tom.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Tom,

Happy New Year!

You can explore the existing Sitefinity documentation that in fact contains useful resources regarding the widget templates. More specifically you can read all sub-articles of the Widget templates section

Regards,
Tihomir
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed