inheriting page templates - themes aren't inherited?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:50

inheriting page templates - themes aren't inherited?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2014 00:00

If I base a page template an another page template, the original content and layout are inherited just fine, but the theme isn't. If the derived template specifies its own theme then the original theme is overwritten (not inherited from) and I get none of the CSS from the original theme.

Am I missing something here please, or do I need to duplicate all the images and css from the original template's theme into the derived one?

To try and make this clearer: if template B is based on template A, and only template A specifies a theme, template B will get all CSS, images etc from template A.

But, if template B specifies a theme as well, none of template A's CSS will be applied.

Thanks a lot, Tom.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting us.

I need to contact our developers for clarification on that behavior - if it is by design or a bug. Due to the holidays we are currently somewhat understaffed so I beg for your patience while we look in to your question.

I will get back to you as soon as I have any progress.

Regards,
Simeon Simeonov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Simeon / Sitefinity.

Is there any solution to this please?

Thanks a lot,

Tom.

This thread is closed