custom blog posts filtering - is this possible

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:53

custom blog posts filtering - is this possible

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2014 00:00

In one of our pages, we want to display blog posts that match this filter:

(all posts from Blog A) and (posts from Blog B where category contains X)

Is this possible? We are using Sitefinity 7.2. Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi,

You can achieve this by extending the filter expression of the blog post widget. You can find more info about the filter expressions in our documentation portal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tihomir
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2015 00:00

But how would I do it so that I'd get all postings from Blog A and then just the postings from Blog B where Category.Contains("Taxonomy ID")?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jan-2015 00:00

Hello Elizabeth,

Using the filter you can display any items you need.

In your case you need filter expression similar to the following:

Visible = true AND Status = Live AND Parent.Title.Contains("Blog A") OR Visible = true AND Status = Live AND Category.Contains("F811ADE6-C3E1-6C23-A553-FF0000415DFE")

where Taxonomy ID can be taken from your database entry as shown in this screenshot (the category`s title is "test" in my case).

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2015 00:00

Looks like that's working, thanks!

This thread is closed