Very slow in time to first byte

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:22

Very slow in time to first byte

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2015 00:00

We have done some web sites using sitefinity 4 and hosted on dedicated server. But it always end with slow website in TTFB, first byte needs 5 seconds or more to start showing at client browser.

any idea how to make the backend processing faster?

We stopped using and selling sites on sitefinity because of client complains about performance.

Bassel,

Here are a couple of ideas...

1. Disable any modules are not using.  On the Sitefinity backend go to Administration > Modules & Services.  Not sure when this feature was added to Sitefinity.

2. Upgrade to the latest version of Sitefinity.  You no longer have to upgrade sequentially to the latest version.  Telerik now supports users upgrading the latest bits.  I highly suggest this because the latest version of Sitefinity has really improved the load times dramatically.  Here are some details around the upgrading...  docs.sitefinity.com/best-practices-upgrade

3. Check out the client-side and server-side optimization best practices.  Just go to the following URL and watch the videos.  docs.sitefinity.com/best-practices

Hope you find this useful.

Craig

Certainly since v4 there's been a ton of improvements...

If you are using 7.3 and have 5 seconds processing before the page loads, then there's something wrong with your server or custom code...like I just checked one of my sites and it's getting 34ms on TTFB.  Sitefinity.com is pretty beefy with tons of traffic and it comes in at +- 500ms TTFB.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jan-2015 00:00

Thanks for your feedback. the Sitefinity 4.2 doesn't have the features of disabling unused modules. 

I am studding the option of Upgrade. but what about the license. do you think the license of 4.2 (license.xml) file will be sufficient to run Sitefinity 7.x ?

and what would happen with the modules that we have made using Module Builder in sitefinity 4.2. would it be smoothly running ?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi all,

@ Bassel,

Our licencing provides a separate licence for each Sitefinity version. They are available in your Telerik.com account under Products and Subscriptions -> Sitefinity -> Manage Domain and Licences -> Your Domain -> Manage -> Show Available Keys. This will display a list of your licence for all Sitefinity versions. If for some reason you are not able to see the before mentioned path, please contact your account manager. 

If you have Dynamic modules build with the module builder, there should be no problem with them after performing an Upgrade procedure. If you have any custom modules in your solution based on the SDK samples or other, then there might be some additional steps needed in order to get them to run properly since their implementation differs across versions. Feel free to submit a support ticket if this is the case and me or one of my teammates will gladly guide you through the process.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed