How do I backup Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:04

How do I backup Sitefinity?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi - We have a website running Sitefinity 6.2.

We would like to back it up on a local computer for disaster recovery purposes. 

What's the best and easiest way to do this? Is there a tool?

Thanks for your help

Charles

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Charles,

In order to backup your Sitefinity project you need to backup:
- All the Files - Archive Entire solution, including all the projects (SitefinityWebApp and the Custom ones, if any). 
- Database/s - Sitefinity database and any other (if you have such). More information how to make full backup of sql database is available here. The Database/s name/s (in case you are not sure for its name) could be found in the connection strings. The you in DataConfig.config file (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration) or in your web.config file.

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi, sorry to bother you. But could you provide a little further info about "All the files".  Where usually those files are located? Our SF version is 3.7 SP4, an old version.

I'm okay with the SQL database part. 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Michael,

By all the files I mean - all Sitefinity project files and the other custom projects in the solution, if any.

If you are not sure where the Sitefinity project files are located on the server you can check in the IIS, where to Explore your web site.

I hope this helps

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed