change sitefinity backend date format

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:15

change sitefinity backend date format

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi, I have created a number of modules that contain dates. The sitefinity default date format in sitefinity backend s mm/dd/yyyy. How do I change this to dd/mm/yyyy throughout please? I can't find any options in the settings. 

Thanks,

Tom

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2015 00:00

Hi Tom,

Currently, there is not a setting where you can select the date format which to be applied globally. We have logged the following feature requests related to this in our feedback portal:

Changing the date format according to cultures
Change DateField's format depending on culture

Hopefully we will be able to implement this functionality for our future releases. You can vote to increase their popularity.

In addition to this, if you would like to change for example the publication date format of a content item (e.g. the news items)  when displaying the items on the frontend you can easily achieve this by editing the date format in the widget template. 

In order to do this for the news items, please open the News widget in edit mode and then select the List Settings tab. Then please click on the Edit selected template button in order to open the template displaying the list of news item on the frontend. Then please find the line which renders the publication date and change the format as desired. You can perform the same for the single item template.

I am sending attached a short video for your convenience demonstrating the steps I performed on my side and the results.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed