Events Calendar Permissions/Functionality

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:32

Events Calendar Permissions/Functionality

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2015 00:00

I've been playing around with calendars and Sitefinity events content. It looks like you can't set permissions on calendars specifically. Furthermore, I created a user who could add, modify and delete events but I put a workflow on events so this user couldn't publish. They could create calendars at will without needing approval. They also could delete calendars whether they had events or no events on them. 

This doesn't seem like ideal functionality. I would like to be able set permissions on individual calendars. I would also like to prevent the deletion of any calendar, especially if it has events on it.

Is there a way around this? Is my understanding of calendar functionality within Sitefinity accurate?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello,

As mentioned in this ticket this is completely valid requirement, there is a feature request and you can vote on it here: http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/136576-permissions-for-events-calendar

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed