Teimeline and Roadmap

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:03

Teimeline and Roadmap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2015 00:00

I think it should not be that hard to keep a site updated when you use sitefinity.

www.sitefinity.com/timeline still on 7.2

www.sitefinity.com/roadmap  7.3 will introduce bla bla comming in December.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2015 00:00

Theres never a promise or obligation on their part to release a roadmap.  Remember the initial MVC release was a total secret.

That being said, just look at the upcoming features forum and the in progress items in the feedback portal when theres no roadmap.  Looks to be a multisite feature update mostly...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2015 00:00

I think the OP makes a totally valid point.

Whilst there is no obligation to create a road map, out of date pages and forum sections are frustrating.

The "Internal Builds" forum hasn't been updated since last summer, and the post detailing hot fixes has moved to 'General Discussion', I only found it by chance.

Feedback portal: feedback.telerik.com/.../153 (in progress filter)

Upcoming features (not internal builds): www.sitefinity.com/.../upcoming-features

I want to see a roadmap too, but they just aren't obligated to.  Internal builds are just minor features and bug fixes, you aren't going to see real 'roadmap' stuff appear there fyi.  The op was being snarky implying they were being lazy, I'm mearly saying there might be other reasons why, and there are other avenues to see whats going on.

My point was not from a develpper view but from potential clients i try to sell sf. What is the Impressionen they get from an outdated site. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been forwarded to our production team.

We are in a process of rearranging the forum threads connected to Internal Builds. You will see the changes soon.

Regarding our Timeline I want to inform you that it is under construction.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

My guess is that we won't hear anything until early May 2015 at the TelerikNEXT conference (http://www.teleriknext.com).  Notice there is a Sitefinity Keynote on day 2 (May 5th).

I could be completely wrong, but its just a hunch.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

Looks like I was wrong!  :-)

The Sitefinity 8 beta was released today.   Boo Ya!

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/upcoming-features/sitefinity-8.0-beta-announced

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello all,

As Craig informed you Sitefinity 8.0 Beta was released yesterday:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/upcoming-features/sitefinity-8.0-beta-announced

Moreover release notes for all new internal builds are now available in the Internal Builds forum. All subscribers of the old thread are now subscribed to the forum. In the new forum major versions will be separated by threads. If you want to receive notifications for new posts of the threads please subscribe to every thread.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed