Default web framework (web forms and/or mvc) for templates

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:13

Default web framework (web forms and/or mvc) for templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2015 00:00

What's the default web framework for templates that were created before there was an option to choose a web framework.

The framework field on sf_page_templates is NULL for all my old templates. I know they support web forms, but do they also support MVC (hybrid)? If they don't, can I just set the framework = 0 where ever it's null in the database?

Shouldn't this value have been defaulted to something during the upgrade that included this field?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello,

The values for the framework are enum and 0 is for Hybird, 1 for MVC and 2 for Forms. I was not able to locate the exact code, however if the templates are working as expected, there is a logic that will default to a framework if the entry is null.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

But what framework does it default to when null? I'm guessing hybrid and could probably do some experiments to determine...

Hello,

Yes, by default it should be hybrid in order to support both types of widgets. You can give it a quick test by placing an mvc widget on the page.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed