help please with Group Pages in URLs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:37

help please with Group Pages in URLs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello, I am new to Sitefinity and appreciate any help.
I am beginning our organization's site, and we would like have the URL paths established so our Committees each get their own web page, with additional child pages off their URL:

Main Organization home page= www.organization.org
List of all our Committees= www.organization.org/committees (general Committees landing page)
Committee 1 = www.organization.org/committees/finance-committee (specific committee's landing page)
Committee 2 = www.organization.com/committees/legal-committee (specific committee landing page)
Page A within Committee 2 = www.organization.com/committees/legal-committee/officers
Page B within Committee 2 = www.organization.com/committees/legal-committee/bylaws
Page C within Committee 2 = www.organization.com/committees/legal-committee/fees

I am trying to duplicate that URL structure above by using pages and group pages, etc.    But I can't quite get it set up the way I want it like above.   Can someone please provide guidance.  Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Tom,

Notice that if you have Enterprise license you can easily achieve your goal by taking advantage of the MultiSite feature. You can find detailed information in the following link of our online documentation:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/multisite-manage-multiple-sites

Alternately it is also possible to create the desired structure using Group pages. However it is not clear what is the problem you are experiencing while creating the desired structure. Can you please specify what is the issue on your end?

More details about Group pages in Sitefinity in the following link:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/structure-website-pages

Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2015 00:00

Junior, thank you.

I was able to move the pages/groups and achieve what I was after form the links you provided.  The top page in the hierarchy acts as the first page, and I was missing that before.   Thanks again and I will also explore the Multisite options you mentioned.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2015 00:00

For a related question please.  I am now trying to structure the folders so that each group has its own IMAGES folder.  So all the finance committee images are in one folder.   All the legal committee images are in another.  Etc.    Can you please guide me to learn how to do that?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Tom,

Is this organization for a single site instance or multisite? Please notice that Sitefinity doesn't associate media libraries to specific pages. However you may consider to create your own convention, for instance, naming the media libraries the same as the Group pages.

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed