Events List and Calendar View Not Syncing Correct Times

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:32

Events List and Calendar View Not Syncing Correct Times

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2015 00:00

Hello,

We are using the Events widget to display a calendar view and list view of events. In list view, the events show accurate times. In calendar view, the events are one hour behind what they are actually marked by the content owner.

This needs to be corrected asap as it is causing great stress in customer service by displaying conflicting times. Do you have any recommendations to correct this? Is it a configuration, server related, etc? We are in version 7.0.5100.0.

Your timely help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Maria

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting us.

By default, Sitefinity Events module persists the dates converted to UTC time format.
Later on, when displaying them to the user, the date gets resolved for the site specific (set from Administration > Settings) time zone or the local one used by the system.
You can find further details in this forum discussion.

I have attached a screenshot showing an existing event that gets listed in both List and Calendar views. As you can see, the time is shown correctly on all locations (of course, using different formats but this could be modified).

In order to better understand your case, could you please elaborate on what is your site time zone, how do events get created and do you have any customizations on any of the Events related widgets?

Thank you for the collaboration. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ivaylo Angelov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2015 00:00

I'm 99.9% positive this is a bug in the calendar view

This is the article that fixed it for me

www.sitefinity.com/.../events-calendar-does-not-show-the-correct-event-time-after-fall-dst-end-has-applied

(Well...the link to that specific internal build anyway)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2015 00:00

Thank you both for your replies. Our Sitefinity support ticket suggested we upgrade our Sitefinity version, so we're in the process of doing this now. 

Thanks for the patch link Steve. I have this bookmarked for reference too.

All your help is appreciated, thank you.

Maria

This thread is closed