Sitefinity Backend Admin Login Auto Complete Off

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:23

Sitefinity Backend Admin Login Auto Complete Off

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi All,

One of our client is asking to set Auto complete Off on the Admin Login Form. How i am Supposed to do that ?? I tried :

www.sitefinity.com/.../turn-off-form-auto-complete 

How do i override the behavior of existing Sitefinity admin login Form?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2015 00:00

Ehsan,

I have solution that MIGHT work, or at least give you a good start.  I also want to mention that this solution requires making a small modification to the login back-end screen.  I recommend testing this out in a TEST environment first before trying this in your production environment.

Below are my steps...

1. Log on the your Sitefinity backend
  2. Go to the Administration > Backend Pages.  Click the OK button to acknowledge the warning of changing backend pages.
  3. Under the "Login" group page click on the "Login" page.
  4. Add a script block to the bottom of the page, a paste the JavaScript snippet, found below, into the textbox and set the option "Where to include HTML?" to "Before the closing body tag"

$(function()
    var i = $('input[type="text"], input[type="password"]');
    i.val("");
    i.attr("autocomplete","off");
    $('form').attr('autocomplete','off');
);

I hope that you find this helpful.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response. I am using Sitefinity Version 7.2 and i couldnt find any such option to add scripts to the page beside one i found in the 'Title & Properties' of the page and then 'Advanced Options' (Screen Capture Attached) but no luck. Can you please point out where exactly i have to add my own snippets on the page.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello Ehsan,

You can add the code, proposed by Craig, in JavaScript widget.

More information how to do this is available here.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks for your response. I've tried your proposed idea of add a JS Widget on the page but unfortunately its not working. I added autocomplete on textboxes also on form level but its not reflecting at all. By doing a little research i came to know that chrome ignores autocomplete on first two textboxes so, i am going to try to add a hack by adding two hidden textboxes on the form. Any idea how i am going to achieve that ??

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello Ehsan,

The code provided by Craig seems works fine (video demonstration).

Please try the following:
- Go to Administration > Backend Pages
- Open Sitefinity > Login > Login
- Add JavaScript Widget
- Click edit and Paste the proposed code
- Set it Before the closing body tag (screenshot)
- Click Save and publish the Page

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2016 00:00

This is not a reasonable solution if you use a security scanning application. The scanning tool looks at the actual code behind the login form. Using a JS script to dynamically insert this attribute after page load is not satisfying this security requirement.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2016 00:00

Hi AG.

Alternative solution. Instead of using JS, you can override default template of backend login widget. 

Detailed instruction how to do that located here: http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/Change-the-default-template-of-the-backend-login-widget

And just add autocomplete="off" attribute in new template

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2016 00:00

Since 8.0 this is an advanced configuration option.

To turn on/off password autocomplete go to  Settings > Advanced > Login > Disable browser autocomplete check box.

This thread is closed