Trouble getting deployment with trial/vs2013

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:58

Trouble getting deployment with trial/vs2013

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi guys,

We're just awaiting our license for sitefinity but I'm having problems getting my environment running properly for an azure deployment.

My environment is as follows:

Windows 8.1

Visual Studio 2013 (latest service packs/extensions)

Sitefinity 7.3.56100

Test site on localhost/local SQL, etc. All works and can access the dashboard/site no problem.

The azure sdk supported for 7 is 2.2 (docs.sitefinity.com/reference-windows-azure-sdk-supported-versions) but the link on the page won't work with Web Platform Installer 5.0 (which is what Visual Studio 2013 is using). It says it can't find the extension.

I upgraded my Azure SDK some time ago to version 2.5 and it's listed as installed in the WebPI but trying to run the deployment from thunder and check the last box on the first page of the wizard ("Publish Sitefinity project to Azure") it says:

"The installed Azure SDK version is not supported. Make sure your version is 2.2"

The problem is a) I'm running 2.5 (so IMHO it should support anything 2.2 and higher) b) there is no 2.2 listed in the Web Platform Installer 5.0 (it lists everything else but, 2.1, 2.3, 2.4, etc.) and c) The 2.2 file linked on your documentation page (VWDOrVs11AzurePack.2E2.2E1.exe) runs and launches Web Platform Installer 5.0 but says:

"Microsoft Web Platform Installer couldn't find the product you tried to install"

I could manually deploy I guess but frankly I would rather use the tools and bothered the tools don't seem work with Visual Studio 2013 for me.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2015 00:00

Found out that VS2013 only supports the Azure development kit 2.2 so I had to uninstall the 2.5 one and install the 2.2 version. For those that are looking for this you can find it here: www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

When you download just select the Windows Azure Authoring tools (either x64 or x86 depending on your platform) as that's all that's needed.

Thanks!

This thread is closed