404 at /Sitefinity/Marketing/Personalization?action=newSegme

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:17

404 at /Sitefinity/Marketing/Personalization?action=newSegment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi

I upgraded a Standard Trial to Professional Trial to try out personalization. The Personalization module was obviously not there, so I installed it from administration.

Now I do get a link to "Personalize this page" beside each page in the system, and if I go there, I see that "No user segments have been created yet" (as expected) but when I try to follow the link to create new segments it errors out with a 404.

Module   IIS Web CoreNotification   MapRequestHandlerHandler   StaticFileError Code   0x80070002Requested URL   localhost:60876/.../Personalization Path   C:\sitefinity\Sitefinity\Projects\sitefinity\sitefinity\Sitefinity\Marketing\PersonalizationLogon Method   OAUTH-SWTLogon User   admin

This is from IIS Express running from Visual Studio. 

In addition, "Personalization" still doesn't appear under "Marketing"

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2015 00:00

I assume this is related to going from Standard -> Pro trial; is there any other extra step needed to get Personalization to work?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Filip,

Please note that the Personalization module is not available for Standard and Professional license editions. The module is included in the online Marketing or Enterprise license editions.

Can you please let me know if you have applied Enterprise license? If so, can you please go to Administration -> Modules and Services and check the status of the Personalization module. If it is not marked as active, please enable/install it and check the behavior again.

When the Personalization module is activated you will be able to see the option under the Marketing menu.

In addition to this, can you please go to Administration -> Version and Licensing and under License details section, please check if the Presonalization module is listed as an extension?

You may also contact our sales team at sales@sitefinity.com for more details about the licensing matters.

Please also checkout the following forum thread where a similar issue has been discussed.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed