Could not load file or assembly Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:52

Could not load file or assembly Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.RecycleBin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2015 00:00

I've just started experimenting with Sitefinity. I've don't almost nothing but create a new page, drop on a few widgets on it and view it. But now I'm getting a Server Error "Could not load file or assembly Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.RecycleBin". I'm getting this when I browse to my web site, or when I try to go to the Sitefinity CMS (...mySite/sitefinity). I'm dead in the water and can't do anything. How do I fix this?

Looks like you don't have the right .dll's inside your /bin folder for some reason.

Maybe you can copy the .dll's from the /bin folder that is inside the EmptyProject directory. Most probably it is located under C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 8.x\Empty Project (or something like that)

Best,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel. Just for grins, I copied all the dlls from the _EmptyProject folder to my project's bin folder. No change. Besides, if the issue was a missing dll, why did it work at first, then stop working after I dropped a few widgets on a page?

Hi James,

Not sure what is wrong. Some thoughts:

• Did you checked if the specific dll was referenced inside your project?
  • Did you rebuild the project
  • Maybe delete the /obj folder and the /bin/debug or /bin/release folders BEFORE rebuilding

Otherwise check the error log and see if there is something strange there?

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello guys,

@James 
You can check first what is the version of Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.RecycleBin assembly. In case the version is you can check what Daniel suggested.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2016 00:00

Your solutions probably lies here

www.sitefinity.com/.../could-not-load-file-or-assembly-telerik-sitefinity-or-one-of-its-dependencies

Effectively your dll in the bin folder are corrupt. Need to be restored, not rebuilt...

This thread is closed