Role Permission

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:32

Role Permission

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2015 00:00

I am trying to create different libraries with permissions based on roles. For example, LibraryA can only be seen by a user in RoleA and so on, but when I log in to the site with RoleB user or RoleC user I see the files from every library even though they all have permissions set to allow view from their specific role. Any ideas?

Frontend or in the Backend?

Neither, if i allow access to backend with access to view documents and files it still shows all libraries even if that role has been exclusively denied access to the library same thing with frontend.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi Hector,

Could you please tell us whether you are using the latest Sitefinity version? When trying to open a protected document, for instance, you should get a 403 Forbidden response. Could you please provide us steps to reproduce the problem you are experiencing?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Nikola,

We are using Sitefinity 7.2. I created libraries A,B,C along with roles A,B,C and granted view/manage access to libraries based on their role, so library A can only be seen and managed by role A user and so on but when I log on with any other user from role C for example i can still see all the libraries A,B,C even though they have all been modified to provide view/manage access to their specific role. Even when I explicitly deny access to a specific user i can still see all the libraries even the ones denied to it.

Thanks,

Hector Rodriguez

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Dear Hector

Can you only see the libraries or also the content withing.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2015 00:00

Only the libraries not the contents within, that's a good test i hadn't checked that. I figured if they could see the library they could also see the documents inside but I never actually clicked on them. Is there anyway to not show those libraries that the user doesn't have access to?

Thanks,

Hector Rodriguez

Dear Hector

That's what I thought. The same thing happens when you give some role access to only one page. You can still see all but cant edit it.

I for one have never had the need to hide the other libraries. So I can't help you there. But I think this will not come out of the box.

Ask Telerik or Steve :-)

Markus

I signed up for a 30 day demo and I tested it with the same configuration and it seems to be working properly there but not mine, I have been looking everywhere but haven't able to find a fix :(

Steve, 

Any idea on what could be causing this?

Thanks,

HR

Markus,

I was able to find a fix in this link here. I applied the setting and after that problem solved. Hope it helps.

http://docs.sitefinity.com/change-filtering-by-view-permissions

This thread is closed