What are the main benefits of Sitefinity Upgradation?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:29

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2015 00:00

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Natasha,

The benefit to upgrade to the latest Sitefinity version is that you will take advantage of all the new features, fixes, as well as all the enhancements which have been added to Sitefinity versions since your current Sitefinity version. You may take a look at the version notes for the different Sitefinity versions for more details on this.

Here is also a link to our upgrade documentation where you can get information about the upgrade procedure you need to follow in order to upgrade your project to the latest version or to a version higher than your current Sitefinity version.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Dear Natasha

You could also ask what is the downside of NOT upgrading.

Well sooner or later some browser updates will start to make troubles. What might work today might not work in certain browsers later.

Also if you don't update than at one point you might have to go from 5.0 to 9.0 which could be more difficult then updating it from time to time.

3 years back I updated my sites mainly for new features that my clients were looking for. Now there is more stuff for big players comming then long awaited anhancements.

So my updates are done to keep my sites running as hasslefree as possible. 

Markus

This thread is closed