help with permissions/user role

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:08

help with permissions/user role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2015 00:00

I am trying to create a user role that only has permission to edit a few pages of our website. I created a new role and checked off all the same permissions as the editor role before setting permissions for the specific pages. The problem is that when I log in as this new user role, "Pages" does not appear at all at the top of the screen. Is there something secret that I have to turn on that I am not aware of , because "Pages" does appear for the editor role?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Dan,

Can you please go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Pages -> Sitemap filters -> Admin -> Parameters -> IsFrontendPageManagementFilteringEnabled and set its value to false. Then please recycle the application and run the project again. The user who is assigned the custom role will be able to see the Pages tab.

You may also take a look at the following forum posts where this has been discussed:

How to grant access to Pages Tab
Grant Page Acces to Role in Backend

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed