Sitefinity Google Analytics Search Query Parameters

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:48

Sitefinity Google Analytics Search Query Parameters

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

I am looking to set up a client with a site search GA report. If I go into the admin section in GA, I have the option of adding up to 5 query parameters.

Typically, the parameter that I am looking for comes before the "=" sign in the Sitefinity search results page. This is a search URL Sitefinity page that I am using to find this information.

www.test.com/search-results

Google states: In the Query Parameter field, enter the word or words that designate an internal query parameter, such as "term,search,query". Sometimes the word is just a letter, such as "s" or "q".

It appears that the parameter is indexCatalogue. If I add that info into GA however, nothing is being reported. I've also tried "search" and "query" as well. Does the Lucene search engine not support any type of analytics data for me to use? Or is there something that I can use to find out what users are searching for in the internal search engine?

Thanks,

Marco

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello,

This should have nothing to do with Lucene or even Sitefinity, as Google Analytics should automatically parse the URL.

Did you make sure that Google Analytics is configured properly on your website? e.g. do you see any traffic in GA (outside of site search). If the URL is public, would you mind sharing it?

Regards,
Sitefinity Laurent
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Laurent,

Below is the search results link. 

abc.com/searchresults

Can you let me know what should be the Query Parameter to be filled in Google Analytics page?

Thanks,

AM

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2017 00:00

I have tried with all the keywords and the search terms just doesn't get populated in the analytics page. Please let me know on how to proceed with this.

Thanks,

AM

This thread is closed