User Permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:04

User Permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2015 00:00

I'm trying to create the concept of a "department". The department is a major branch of the website, for example

www.mysite.com/department

I want the department owner to have normal owner authority of their own department, but not of any other departments, nor of the website root.

What I've done is created a role "department manager", which mostly denies them everything. However, for the specific user(s) which owns their individual department, I create an allow for their subfolder to the root.

I'm having trouble isolating them to their department, and if I deny them to the root, then the "pages" page will not load at all. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks

Joe Bowen, Voicetext

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello Eileen,

Please check and ensure that you have the role/s added under:  
Pages > (on the right side) Permissions for all pages > "Add widgets and layout elements to the page".

Than set the permissions needed (Allow or Deny) for the group pages/departments.

Tutorial about how to grant permissions for pages is available here:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/tutorial-grant-permissions-for-pages

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed