Set Authentication cookie

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:31

Set Authentication cookie

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2015 00:00

Is there a way to set authentication cookie in Sitefinity without authenticating user in Sitefinity? Event custom membership provider does not suits me well. I saw there was a method in earlier versions of Sitefinity. I'm using Sitefinity 8.

Thanks for any help!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

I would like to know as well.  I think I know what Vlad is trying to do and I can't figure out how to do it.  I've spend days on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Hi Vladimir, Joe,

You can try logging the user through code instead:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-authenticate-users

or just by user name:

UserLoggingReason result = SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(null, "username", false, out user);

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

Hi Svetoslav,

Thanks a lot for the reply!

This scenario does NOT work for me(I've tried earlier), just because Sitefinity tries to get  the user from my custom membership provider BY NAME. My custom membership provider(against API) does not support getting user by username(I should also provider an auth token supplied earlier). And I don't need the ​user ​OUT.

Any other ideas how I could achieve that?

This thread is closed