Video Formats

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:01

Video Formats

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2015 00:00

I found the following regarding video formats:

The widget uses Telerik RadMedia Player, which is an HTML5 video player. It supports WebM (.webm), Ogv (.ogv), and MP4 (.mp4) file formats.

I know we can change this setting from Settings --> Advanced​ --> Libraries --> Videos

Is it possible to add video file extensions to this setting and they still play correctly.  I recently updated from version 5.4 to 8.0.  With 5.4 adding file extensions to the field under the Videos settings worked.  It has not worked in our upgraded version.  

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

With the change to HTML5, has anyone experienced with different video formats other than the default (WebM (.webm), Ogv (.ogv), and MP4 (.mp4))?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2015 00:00

Hi Jared,

The player uses RadMediaPlayer, so it supports the media player supported formats.RadMediaPlayer works with files of any HTML5-supported format, including WebM, Ogg, MP4 and WAVE. In browsers not supporting HTML5 the control falls back to Flash. Because not all modern browsers support the same formats, the control allows you to specify different formats of the file to automatically match the user’s browser with the right format. This is described here. The player fallbacks to flash player if the browser does not support HTML5. You can find more information here.
What is the file format that you want to play? You can still fallback to the silverlight player, as well, but this is not recommended.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2015 00:00

We have some videos in WMV format.  I believe our best option is to convert these videos to MP4.  I have added wmv to the allowed file extensions, but it still does not play the video.  

Yes, we can fallback to silverlight, but that is not what we want to do especially when it is not recommended.  Thanks for providing that information.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello Jared,

Unfortunately, the .wmv format is not supported by the RadMediaPlayer. When you try to open the video of that format, the player should show the "This video format is not supported" screen. You should either convert the videos to a format playable by the player or use a custom control with another player.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed