Event Times Keep Changing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:56

Event Times Keep Changing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2015 00:00

We're using Sitefinity 6.3. The standard Events module has exhibited very odd behavior - we have made no modifications I'm aware of.

First of all, the time for the event changes constantly. (It may be timezone related, but it shouldn't be happening anyhow.) In the Events page list in the backend, I see an event for 20 Jun 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. I click into it, and it shows the event as starting at 17:00 (5:00 PM). If I save it without changing anything, the Events page lists it as starting at 5:00 PM; I click into it, and it says the event starts and ends at 21:00 (9:00 PM). I change it to 1:00 - 5:00, and the Events page list says it's from 1:00 to 6:00 now.

All-day events also have issues saving correctly, with similar hour-shifting issues showing them as starting and ending on different days.

This culminates in issues displaying the dates to the end user, as well, especially for all-day events.

Is there a way this can either be fixed, or that we can overwrite?

Thanks,
TIm

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2015 00:00

Hello Tim,

We have answered you in the support ticket you had opened. Feel free to share any information with the community once the case has been resolved.

Regards,
Angel Moret
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2016 00:00

We are using 8.1 and when you click "all day" Sitefinity saves the end date as the next day -- start date plus 1.  If Tim's issue was addressed would someone be so kind as to post the solution here?

This thread is closed